Sunday, November 25, 2007

Basil Juice


Nothing quite like fresh basil juice on a cold fall day. Just something about it that tastes warm and cosy. I just made 2 quarts with 2 cucumbers, 1 head of celery, 1 red bell pepper, 1 head of lettuce, 4 carrots, 3 apples, and a HUGE bunch of fresh basil. YUM! I have such good memories of harvesting basil, fingers becoming perfumed by basil, and filling my freezer with whole basil leaves to be blended into fresh pestos during the winter, maybe that is why this juice tastes so good to me. Juicy basil memories make for a tasty juice! I just read that warm basil tea is also really good for headaches and increasing blood flow, and cool basil tea is excellent for all kinds of eye problems, both as an eyewash and internal tea.
David and I are off to Houston for a while to visit with Ma and Pa Rainoshek. I'm looking forward to it, I've been to Texas but never to Houston. I think David's mom and dad have some fun things planned for all of us....so if you don't hear from us for a few days, that is where we will be...en route to Texas baby!
Enjoy your juice!
Love Katrina.

No comments: