Sunday, February 10, 2008

Quiet Green Suday (19 Days till GJF!!)

Katrina eating her greens.
David eating his greens.

Hello,

We are having a very quiet Sunday, and hope that you are too. I decided early this morning that I needed a day off from the computer (as much as possible...as you can tell the power button on this baby still got pushed) so David and I have spent the day meditating, working in the yard, washing windows, hanging laundry to dry, drinking green juice, eating fruit, going for a long walk, and giving each other hair cuts (a hair cut for him, a trim for me.) A perfectly dreamy day.

This morning I was about to make our regular breakfast of a giant green smoothie, and I felt all of a sudden that it was just too much. I wanted green juice! And so that's what we had. I said to David "What is going on?!! I don't want green smoothie, I always want green smoothie!!" But this morning, even a nice, light green smoothie felt too heavy. So I made a juice out of kale, baby greens, 1 apple, 5 little carrots, and 1 orange and it was SO good and I have felt SO good all day!

I have already begun Juice Feasting in my mind....my body is moving towards the juice!! We see it happen all the time, people will plan to begin a Juice Feast on a certain date and then they just can't WAIT so they have to start early, like RIGHT NOW!!!!

An excellent thing that you can do in preparation for your Juice Feast is to begin adding in as many greens to your diet as possible - Drink green juice, have a green smoothie for breakfast, eat salad and green soups. This will do two very important things: it will begin to increase your love for greens (which are very, very important on a Juice Feast) and you will find your taste buds loving them more and more. And, it will begin to lighten your digestive load which will help your body to move with more ease into your Juice Feast. Adding more greens into your day is so important that I am going to address it again in my next post, but I just wanted to plant that seen today - green is the color of love, and you are truly loving your body when you feed it green.


Sowing the seed,
my hand is one with the earth.

Wanting the seed to grow,
my mind is one with the light.

Hoeing the crop,
my hands are one with the rain.

Having cared for the plants,
my mind is one with the air.

Hungry and trusting,
my mind is one wiht the earth.

Eating the fruit,
my body is one with the earth.

~Wendell Berry

What's for dinner honey? GREENS!!!

We are off to Tucson tomorrow, so we will talk to you again on Tuesday. Looking for a BIKE for me among other things. I hope I find one that wants to come home with us. I really miss having a bike....haven't ever been bike-less this long (a year!) so it is about time a two wheeled wonder came into my life.

Have a beautiful Sunday evening,

Love Katrina and David

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.