Thursday, March 6, 2008

Day Six, Get Your Juice Fix!

I love kale...

Juice Feast Day 6

The Daily Juice Journal:

I am no longer going to try and keep track of how much water we are drinking, but on average it is about 2-3 quarts per day.

DAVID:


MORNING WATER:
1 quart water with lemon, 1 TBS MSM with 1 capsule Vitalzym

JUICE # 1 : 8:30 AM 1 QUART GVJ
with romaine, spinach, mixed baby greens, parsley, celery, cucumber, carrot, apple, yam and lemon.

JUICE # 2: 11:30: 1 QUART orange and grapefruit with 2 TBS Chlorella

JUICE # 3: 2:30 1 QUART GVJ
(same as above but without yam) with 1 TBS hemp oil and ¼ tsp kelp

JUICE #4: 5:00 1 PINT
watermelon and blueberry juice 2 TBS bee pollen

JUICE # 5: 7:00 1 QUART GVJ (same as above)

TEA: 8:00 16 oz Good Earth Original.

TOTAL JUICE: 4.5 QUARTS

Detox helpers: morning enema, skin brushing, hot/cool shower, bike ride, tongue scraping

Exercise: 30 minute bike ride, 20 minutes resistance training.


KATRINA:


MORNING WATER:
1 quart water with lemon, 1 TBS MSM with 1 capsule Vitalzym

JUICE # 1 : 8:30 AM 1 QUART GVJ
with romaine, spinach, mixed baby greens, parsley, celery, cucumber, carrot, yam, apple, and lemon.

JUICE # 2: 11:30: 1 QUART orange and grapefruit with 2 TBS Chlorella

JUICE # 3: 2:30 1 QUART GVJ
(same as above but without yam) with 1 TBS hemp oil and ¼ tsp kelp

JUICE #4: 5:00 1 PINT
watermelon and blueberry juice 2 TBS bee pollen

JUICE #5: 7:00: 1 QUART GVJ (same as above)

TEA: 8:00 16 oz Good Earth Original.


TOTAL JUICE: 4.5 QUARTS

Wow, we had exactly the same juices as each other all day long!

Detox helpers: Morning enema, skin brushing, hot/cool shower, bike ride, tongue scraping.

Exercise: 20 minutes rebounding, 30 minute bike ride.


Rainoshek’s Daily Tips:


~To sip, or not to sip? Some of us find ourselves drinking juice all day long in order to get in four quarts!! We have found it very important to the success of your Juice Feast to drink your juices as though you are eating a meal, in other words, finish either a pint or a quart at a time, and then don’t drink any juice for awhile. Try not to “snack” on juices all day as this will keep your body in a constant state of digestion which is not ideal, and will keep your mouth full of digestive enzymes which can erode the enamel on your beautiful whites. We also find that people who sip their juice all throughout the day tend to get sick and tired of their juices! We don’t want you to get sick of drinking juice!

So, if you are drinking a pint at a time, aim to drink every 90 minutes or so. If you are drinking a quart at a time, aim to drink every 2 ½ hours or so. This way you will give your digestive juices a break, you can rinse your mouth out with salt water, and you won’t get sick of your juice! You may find that it is easier to drink your daily gallon this way as well, rather than sipping all day.


Your Questions:


I am having so much gas on this Juice Feast! What is going on, I thought I would have less because I am not digesting food!

We Say:
Lots of gas while Juice Feasting is OK. It means that more than likely old fecal matter is separating from the wall of your colon, and the probiotics in your system are going nuts on it. That will create gas. If it is really uncomfortable for you, you can do IDF (Intestinal Drawing Formula by Healthforce Nutritionals) or a Bentonite clay shake. To make a Bentonite shake, mix 1 TBS HYDRATED bentonite clay and 1 tsp ground psylium husk in 10 oz of water. You can also try adding in probiotics. Don’t worry though, it will stop and in the mean time, better out than in!!

Another Question:
How do you make tomato juice? In my juicer it just gets all pulpy.

We Say:
We make ours in the Vita Mix along with our green juice, then strain it through a nut mylk bag

Another Question:
Hi guys! Your blog is very inspirational, I have been yo-yoing between SAD and raw and on this juice feast I really feel like I am finding my balance. I know when I finish the transition into raw foods will be much easier. Also I wanted to add that I'm a college student and it is so convenient not to have to think about food all day, to have all the juices ready for you whenever you need them.
That being said, I took cascara sagrada for the first time yesterday night and I felt awful, I also had several extremely watery and green bowel movements today. Is this normal and should I continue to take it? Sorry for being so descriptive, I'm just a little concerned. I have not been doing enemas, but I have been having regular bowel movements everyday, are they still necessary? I want to do them I just cant find a reusable enema kit anywhere. Thanks for all of your help and inspiration! Amy

We Say:
Good for you Amy! We agree with you on the wonders of not needing to think about food all day. It is make your juice in the morning and then you can fly along all day! And you are absolutely right, raw foods will not only be easier for you after your Juice Feast, they will be undeniably enjoyable and ever so important! All that other stuff will slowly stop looking like food.

Cascara Sagrada can be ever so irritating to some people. You may be one of those people. It is important to start with only one capsule!! Also, yes, it is important to do enemas for the first 10-14 Days of your Juice Feast BM or no BM. I have been having one every morning as well, but still do an enema. You want to get it all out of there darling! You might be amazed at what comes out even after you go on your own, I have been! We encourage people to wait until they have an enema kit to start their Juice Feast, but seeing as you have already started, please get one ASAP.

You can get a great enema kit from
The Raw Food World.

Personal Journal Feeling so good again today! Yesterday was a ride, as you may be able to tell from the Day 6 video, I was feeling slow and inward and quiet. Everyone has created such an amazing support network on Global Juice Feast.com, I get good ideas there every day. I especially liked Julie’s idea today about creating inspirational messages:

Finally I had some real cravings - cravings just for food, something to chew on. Not any food in particular. But I made some hot tea and browsed these message boards and it passed. I jumped right on it when I felt that these were such strong feelings. This also helped: I made some little business card size cards that have inspirational messages for me.

One of them says: "Cravings are only for the moment, my health is forever."
And another: "Imagine how you will feel after accomplishing this Juice Feast!" Go to http://www.studiojules.com/rawcards.html to download a PDF of some cards for you. They are 10 up on a page - print them, cut them out, tape them everywhere! I have some on the cupboard doors that I stare at when I am juicing. And one on my dashboard of my car! I'm am happy that I had a weak moment, actually I can't say "weak moment" since I think its only natural that the body is putting out these messages - it means that things are moving, changing, healing. ~Julie

We encourage people to create signs to put up that say things like “I am a Juice Drinker!” or “I Drink Juice!” Create this reality for yourself for this Juice Feast to strengthen your intentions. Also, if you are healing any health challenge, you can put a big sign that says “I Am An Arthritis Healer” or “I Am A Kidney Healer” If you are an arthritis healer, you won’t go and eat that burger will you? No, because burgers don’t heal arthritis, and YOU are an arthritis healer! Juice on the other hand, that will heal all kinds of things.


We went on a bike ride to the little health food store here in Patagonia, Red Mountain, to order our first bulk produce order. We just haven’t had a chance to do this yet, and have ended up grocery shopping on the fly. It will be really nice to have cases of things, especially celery, cucumber, kale and spinach!! And citrus!! We seem to be running a great produce disappearance act around here, and oh joy it is all going into our bodies!!


Have you seen Philip’s Day 45 video yet? Fantastic! Check it out on his latest We Like It Raw Post here!


It is now 8:30 and we are just about to sit down to film our daily video. We have to find some way of doing this sooner along in the day!!

Leaving you with sweet Day Six wishes,

See you tomorrow!

David and Katrina

5 comments:

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

Thank you so much for all your support during this feast. Love, love, love...is coming your way!
Pixy

Tuliza said...

Happy Day 6 and yes I did see Philips video. I think he is awesome, just like you two.

Penni said...

Katrina....I am so glad your moment of uncertainty passed as quickly as it came. I had one too the other day. I LOVE the inspirational juicing card idea. Thanks for sharing that.

I just got off the phone with the Tulsa World and the article will run in this Sunday's Lifestyle/Scene Section. The reporter was totally impressed with David and said, "That guy is a walking encyclopedia and totally inspirational!" I couldn't agree more!

Blessings to you both,
Penni

Hanlie said...

Thank you so much for all this information. I'm particularly pleased about the not sipping info. I'm definitely going to change the way I do things!

I had to cook paelle for my dad's birthday dinner party today and I have to tell you, it grossed me out. I can still smell the chicken and fish on my hands and I've washed them over and over again! To top it all, I forgot to switch off the stove! It hadn't been used in more than a month... Fortunately my husband saw that it was still on!

There is no way I'm going back to cooking regularly again, or eating those kinds of foods!

Lovingraw said...

Thanks for the shout out guys!!!