Sunday, March 30, 2008

Global Juice Feast Day 30!!

I Love Citrus!!
Juice Feast Day 30

The Daily Juice Journal:

This morning we got up and made six quarts of GVJ with parsley, cucumber, celery, bok choy, rainbow chard, romaine, spinach, red leaf lettuce, carrot, yam and ginger. We also made four quarts of orange and pineapple, and one quart of grapefruit garlic.

DAVID:

3 QUARTS GVJ, 2.5 QUARTS FRUIT.

TOTAL JUICE: 5.5 QUARTS

KATRINA:

3 QUARTS GVJ, 2.5 QUARTS FRUIT.

TOTAL JUICE: 5.5 QUARTS

Added to juices: MSM, bee pollen, Vitamineral Green, Spirulina, Chlorella, Hemp Oil, Flax/DHA oil, and Kelp Granules.

Also taken: NCD, Vitalzym, MSM, Antioxidant Extreme, and water.

Your Questions:

I was wondering... I don't know if this has ever been asked before but: "Is there such a thing as "too much juice" on the juice feast?" I totally had 9 Litres of juice the other day... and I've consistently been doing around 8 litres/day lately. I don't know what's wrong with me... can't get enough juice! :)

Lots of love :)

- Ben

PS: I'm teaching a raw-cooking class 2 weeks after the end of my juice feast! too cool eh?? :) Awesome things are happening while on this juice feast... it's amazing! :)

We Say:

Hi Ben!

So glad to hear that wonders are occurring for you while Juice Feasting!

No, there is no such thing as too much juice on a Juice Feast. Your body is asking for it, and if you are feeling good drinking that much, by all means, drink up!! There is nothing wrong with you. You have been Feasting for quite some time now, and your body is quite able to tell you what it needs at this point.

Lot of love to you!!

Another Question:

Blessings David/Katrina,

I am losing weight (whoo hoo!!), feeling great!

Two Questions:

1. After the Feast will I regain the weight lose once I return to solid raw foods diet (seeds,nuts,mylks,raw sweets) etc?

2. Will mucous return once seed mylks & other raw food are reintroduced?
If yes, can I stop it from happening and how? Are their certain foods to avoid?

Much Gratitiude for your advice

-Kierra

We Say:

Hello Kierra

Congratulations on feeling great! We are so happy to hear this, and we feel great too over here in Arizona on Day 30!

These are very common thoughts while Juice Feasting that you have addressed. We often tell our students not to think too much about what they are going to eat after their Juice Feast, because you will really be in a different space. That being said, it can help to look ahead as well, just remember, your body will be different and will be asking for different foods.

1. Once you move back into solid foods, your weight maintenance will depend on HOW you eat a raw food diet. Of course, most of us do not stay as slim as we are while Juice Feasting if we are able to Juice Feast down to our ideal weight, but this is OK. Others who still have weight to loose after 92 Days are able to continue to loose weight doing what we now call The Four Means To Get Your Greens. David has created a very simple yet yummy raw food cuisine that he has called The Four Means To Get Your Greens. Look for the book coming out soon, it will be the ultimate post-Juice Feast raw food book! This is how we encourage all of our students to eat post-Juice Feast, and it is how David and I eat and we both feel very healthy and happy eating this way.

The Four Means insures that we get in 1-2 lbs of nutrient dense, leafy greens in every day, which insures that we don’t emotionally or physiologically feel the need to over-eat fat and sweet. Leafy greens are VERY IMPORTANT!! Greens are very balancing.

So, what are the Four Means? 1. Salad 2. Smoothie 3. Soup 4. Juice. Eat your greens in a salad, blend them into a yummy green smoothie with fruits and berries, blend them into a savory soup, or juice them. Then in addition you can add in minimal nuts and seeds, avocados, fruits, vegetables, sea vegetables, flax crackers, superfoods, etc. David and I very, very rarely prepare or eat dehydrated foods or fancy prepared raw entrees.

Other things to consider are exercise and creating a healthy relationship with food.

Moving your body with some form of exercise is vital to balancing your appetite, balancing hormones, getting a good nights sleep, creating a detoxifying sweat, building calorie burning muscles, and releasing endorphins that will make you feel happy and content. Endorphins are your body’s natural, morphine like chemicals that boost mood and produce feelings of euphoria and satisfaction. Ways to access these lovely endorphins other than food are exercise, meditation, Tai Chi, calming music, yoga, deep breathing, prayer, laughter, flowing dancing, and pleasurable experiences.

If you have not had a healthy relationship with food in the past, look at working on that now. Juice Feasting is a wonderful time for healing the emotional imbalances and turmoil that often leads us to over eat and eat less than the best foods. Often when we eat to sooth emotions we are looking to balance our emotional state, either to bring our mood up with sweets or to bring our intense experiences down a notch by dulling our selfs with heavy foods. There are many ways of doing this without food, please go on a treasure hunt for the ways that resonates with you most strongly!

Personally, I have found that the mindfulness practices of Thich Nhat Hanh, journaling, meditation, self-love, and exercise along with getting in lots of greens, have all created a state of abundant well being and health for me!!

You might also want to check out this lovely blog post by Melissa, who we are so happy to have back with us in Blogland!!

2. After your Juice Feast adding in nuts and seeds will not re-create mucous as long as you are doing them in moderation. Also, if you eat your nuts and seeds with leafy greens mid-day (when your digestion is strongest) this will help. See your mucous as a wonderful indication of how much fat you are eating! If you get all stuffed up after a day of eating too many nuts (as I tend to do), you can say to yourself “wonderful, I ate too many nuts and fat yesterday, today I will re-focus on getting in lots of greens!”

To further inspire you, here is a note from a Juice Feaster who has been eating her greens!

Hi David & Katrina-my favorite Dynamic Duo!

I want to thank you again for creating this amazing opportunity for people to cleanse, heal and gain back their god-given health. I'm definitely a proud green evangelist ;D

I've been experimenting with Four Means To Get My Greens daily since ending my Juice Feast. I've really re-set my body after all those greens I drank during the JF. I love that I eat simpler and healthier after only 8 days of JF. Truly amazing transformation can occur on JF.

In the mornings, I'm still continuing the quart of water with lemon and MSM powder then follow-up with at least a quart of either green smoothie or green juice with at least 1/2 pound (about 200+ grams) of greens. For snacks, I sometimes use large lettuce leaves for wraps and rolls. I eat some flax crackers with spinach pesto or seaweed pate. My sweet snack is a slice of sweet flax cracker with some nut butter and top with bananas and raspberries-the ultimate post workout snack! Lunch will either be smoothie or large salad (1/3 pound about 100 to 200 grams). Dinners have been green juice straight no fruits or veges (about another 200 grams) and then I add pineapple juice and drink right away. I tend to do really well on fruits. I still have yet to try green soups. I will find a good appealing recipe for tomorrow.
I'm spreading the word about JF. It's certainly will make one juicy and joyful!

Cheerios!

Joy xoxo

We Say Hip Hip Hooray!!

Personal Journal:

Yet another mellow, happy day of juice at our house today. Have I mentioned how much I LOVE citrus juice? Oh baby, I could drink a lake full of that liquid sunshine!

I have begun to make a point of journaling again and I am feeling such a sense of peace because of it. I love you dear blogging world, but there is something so much more revealing about the privacy of a black book and pen. I have been loving the hand written words as well, watching my thoughts appear on the page in ink.

Has it really been a whole month? Wow, congratulations to all who join us on Day 30!!! 92 Days looks like a breeze from here!

Have a beautiful Sunday evening!

With love and blessings,

Katrina and David

2 comments:

Ben Kaelan said...

Thanks for the info you guys! :) You're so right about the body's ability to communicate during juice feasting. I'm sure it always does but somehow, with all the chemicals, sugars, starches, cooked and other refined foods we normally consume, the messages get blurred... We get weird cravings as a result because we don't understand that language. It still amazes me how my body just knows how to feast now; especially through my weird work hours. :)

Thanks again for your help :)

- Ben

Tuliza said...

Greetings David and Katrina,
Thank yu for being on this journey with us. I am so looking forward to the book "The four mean to get your greens". Eating post juice feasting is important to me. I had a rough time limiting the nuts seeds and avocados on my 100% raw lifestyle before the juice feast. I was wondering about making spinach flax crackers. Will they present a bread addiction problem as you mentioned in the video on carbohydrates? I had just purchased a dehydrator to make my own green powders and I wanted to make green crackers with the powders also.

Blessings,
Tuliza