Monday, March 10, 2008

Global Juice Feast Day Ten

I Love Baby Cherries!
I Love Cherries!!
Juice Feast Day 10

The Daily Juice Journal:

DAVID:

MORNING WATER: 1 quart water with lemon, 1 TBS MSM

JUICE # 1 : 9:30 AM 1 QUART GVJ with romaine, spinach, kale, parsley, celery, cucumber, ginger, apple, carrot, yam, and cilantro.

JUICE #2: 10:00 8 oz pineapple juice

JUICE # 3: 11:30: 1 QUART orange, grapefruit, and lemon with 1 TBS Chlorella, and 1 TBS bee pollen.

JUICE # 4: 1:30 1 PINT orange, grapefruit, and lemon with 1 TBS Chlorella and 1 TBS hemp oil.

JUICE #5: 3:30 1 PINT watermelemonaide with 1 TBS Vitamineral Green

JUICE # 6: 5:45 1 QUART GVJ (same as above)

JUICE #7: 6:30: 1 PINT watermelon, cherry, and blueberry

TOTAL JUICE: 4.75 QUARTS

Detox helpers: morning enema, skin brushing, hot/cool shower, tongue scraping, sunbathing

Exercise: 20 minutes resistance training.

KATRINA:

MORNING WATER: 1 quart water with lemon, 1 TBS MSM with 1 capsule Vitalzym

JUICE # 1 : 9:300 AM 1 QUART GVJ with romaine, spinach, kale, parsley, celery, cucumber, ginger, apple, carrot, yam, and cilantro.

JUICE #2: 8oz pineapple juice

JUICE # 3: 11:30: 1 QUART GVJ (same as above) with 1 TBS hemp oil, 1 TBS Spirulina, and ¼ tsp kelp (YUMMY!!) I am still REALLY loving spirulina in my juice!

JUICE #4: 12:30 1 QUART orange, grapefruit, and lemon

JUICE # 5: 1:30: 1 PINT orange, grapefruit, and lemon with 1 TBS Chlorella

JUICE #6: 4:00: 1 QUART GVJ (same as above)

JUICE # 7: 6:30: 1 PINT watermelon, cherry, and blueberry

TOTAL JUICE: 5.25 QUARTS

Detox helpers: Morning enema, skin brushing, hot/cool shower, tongue scraping, rebounding, yoga, sunbathing

Exercise: 30 minutes rebounding, 10 minutes yoga, 10 minutes weights

Rainoshek’s Daily Tips:

Waking up this morning, I see the blue sky
I join my hands in thanks for the many wonders of life;
For having twenty-four brand new hours.
The sun is rising on the forest
And so is my awareness.

I walk across the field of sunflowers.
Tens of thousands of flowers waving at me;
My awareness is like the sunflower;
My hands are sowing the seeds for the next harvest.
My ear is hearing the sound of the rising tide on the magnificent sky.
I see clouds approaching with joy from many directions.
I can see the fragrant lotus ponds of my homeland;
I can see coconut trees along the rivers;
I can see rice fields stretch their shoulders
Laughing at the sun and the rain.

Mother Earth gives me coriander, basilicum, and celery.
Tomorrow, the hills and mountains of the country will be green again.
Tomorrow, the buds of life will grow quickly;
The folk poetry will be as sweet as the songs of the children.
The whole family of humans will sing together with me in my work.

~Thich Nhat Hanh

Your Questions:

Hi there Katrina and David,
As you no doubt know, fats and toxins are pumped into the gut in bile by the liver, and carried with dietary fibre out of the body. My question is, if there is very little fibre (as with juicing) does that fatty toxic bile just get re-circulated back to the liver, and on again to the small intestine (over and over etc etc) ? Obviously this would put a lot of strain on the liver, especially during weight loss when a lot of fat is shifting out of the body. When you have time, would you mind telling me you thoughts on this.
Very much appreciated,
Lisa
PS: I'm very much enjoying the JF so far xxx

We Say:

Hello Lisa!

We are so glad you are enjoying your Juice Feast!

No, the fatty toxic bile will not be re-circulating around and around. If it did, we would not see the healing that we see with Juice Feasting. It all gets flushed out the bowel! The juices you are drinking and the enemas will all help to flush it out.

Here is my little daily story about enemas (sorry everyone) that I hope will illustrate how stuff is flushed out. This morning I did two enemas, just to see what would happen, and low and behold, MORE stuff came out! I was amazed! I even had quite a large BM before I began, then did my enema. After it was all released, I felt a little nauseated, and thought, why don’t I try a second one? I could feel that there was still stuff waiting to come out. The second one I did, it was actually more difficult to take all the water in, which surprised me because I had already had a BM and done a full enema. There really was more in there to come out! There is no way all of that was from the juices I have been drinking!

Another Question:

Hey guys! Thanks for all the videos and responses you guys post. I was wondering, what spices, if any, are allowed for the juices? So far I’ve had some cinnamon, and tonight I added a little turmeric to my veggie juice and it made it a lot lot better. Of course the cleansing comes first in this! So, if any, which ones could we play with?
~Linda

We Say:

Hello Linda

Ultimately this one is up to you and please do what feels right for your Juice Feast. Spices do have many healing properties to them, and are quite powerful! A great book for more information on spices is Heinerman’s Encyclopedia of Healing Spices. That being said, we don’t tend to encourage the use of many spices with our Juice Feasting students, apart from the use of cayenne! Our reason for adding in cayenne is due to its amazing healing properties and cleansing powers. According to Heinerman, cayenne works to quickly halt bleeding, relives rheumatoid arthritis, prevents blood clots and strokes, heals ulcers, burns away body fat, knocks out cold and flu miseries, brings down blood sugar levels, lowers cholesterol and reduces risk of heart disease, gets rid of cluster headaches, keeps your toes warm (by sprinkling it in your socks!), increases color brilliance of your body’s own electromagnetic energy aura, can be used in salve for sprains and bruises, is good for sore throats, decreases pain due to shingles, trigeminal neuralgia, and diabetic neuropathy, and possibly prevents lung disease.

We do encourage the use of fresh herbs, such as ginger, garlic, basil, parsley, cilantro, rosemary, lemongrass, and others. If you are really wanting to use spices, see if you can get them fresh, rather than dried and powdered. We have found most dried spices to cause imbalances and often lead to cravings for eating solid foods. Although they will not halt your cleansing, eating solids will!

Angela Stokes recently wrote up a blog about spices, and here is a bit from her:

“Spices tend to be powdered forms of certain plants, in concentrations you would not easily come across in nature. Spices are made by powdering down a large amount of some bark, root, or other plant matter. You might even have a spice blend. The concentrated intensity of the spice can throw the body a bit out of balance, as you are getting a much bigger ‘hit’ of this food than you’d naturally be able to get hold of if you were just foraging things to eat in the wild. This can distort taste buds, block your ability to sense when you’ve eaten enough and so encourage eating in excess.”

So, if you do choose to use spices, keep them to a minimum, and enjoy your Juice!!

Personal Journal:

WOW! What a beautiful day it was here in Patagonia! I feel so blessed to live where the sun shines so much. It was warm, the wind was light, and the sun was bright! We were groaning over Ben’s slide show of what Ottawa looks like right now, and I have to say, as much as I love that part of the world (I was born in Ottawa!), I am so happy to have daffodils, blooming rosemary and yellow flowering vines outside my door in March rather than a blizzard. I was actually feeling just a bit nostalgic for Montreal while Skyping with a good friend there yesterday…until the snowy reality check!! Don’t worry though all of you in colder climes, your smiles are making the world a cozier place, I can feel it from here!

We had a lovely chat with Angela Stokes yesterday afternoon, which will be included in Day 9’s video. She is truly a gift to all of us, I love her spark and wisdom, such a light heart and deep soul you can feel it even through Skype!! Want to get re-inspired on your Juice Feast? Watch Day 9’s video with Angela! She used the metaphor of the body as a dirty sponge…and on a Juice Feast that sponge gets wrung out really, really tight, all the dirty water pushed out. Then, as the sponge fills up again, it soaks up beautiful, clean water. I feel like that is happening at a rapid rate for me with my emotions, I feel as though they are getting squeezed out of my cells, the dark corners of my brain, the deep closets of my sub-consciousness, and in is flowing beautiful, clear, radiant light. Oh, I feel so GOOD today!!

It was a produce abundance day for us today. Our order arrived at Red Mountain, so off we went to fill the back of Pegasus with boxes of gorgeous, organic JUICE FOOD!! This was the first time that David had bought in bulk for a Juice Feast, and he was very thrilled with the results “there was no going into the grocery store, filling up a cart (or two), emptying your cart at the till, putting everything back in the cart, emptying the cart into the truck, driving home, and emptying the truck. It was just put the boxes in the truck, drive home, put the boxes in the fridge!” If you are Juice Feasting on your own, the best things to buy in bulk are cucumbers, celery, carrots, citrus, and apples. These last longer than leafy greens, and often you can get them by the half case.

But oh what a joy! To have cases of produce! Here is what we got today:

1 case of oranges
1 case of grapefruit
1 case of celery (will probably last us 2 weeks)
1 case of cucumbers (will probably last us 2 weeks)
1 case of spinach
1 case of kale
1 case of romaine lettuce
½ case of parsley
25lbs carrots
3 pineapples
10 big tomatoes
3 bunches of basil
3 bunches cilantro
3 big heads of ginger
1 bunch chard (it was all they had!)
2 bags of cherries

For our first ten days of Juice Feasting, we ended up going shopping three times!! Lets hope that this improves now that we are casing it, as much as I love the Red Mountain folks, I would much rather be bouncing in the sunshine than going to the grocery store.

I have been having really wild dreams the past five nights or so, and feel such an amazing amount of movement and emotional healing going on in my sleep. I have been having long, dramatic and heart felt visits with people from my past, people who have died, people I am no longer in touch with. All people who have had a profound effect in my life…coming and having loving visits with me in my sleep. Essentially, I am healing my relationships with my memories.

I am truly excited to be on DAY 10!! When we look back on the last 10 days of the Juice Feast, it feels like a month! So much has happened, just as though we were traveling and every new thing and moment stands out. It really is a journey, bringing one into the moment, expanding time. Tomorrow will be a personal crossing of a thresh-hold for me, as I move into what will be my longest time living on liquids. Just the idea of sustaining oneself on juice turns me on so much, that to really realize that I am, right now, is a complete whack on the side of the head!! Wonderfully so. I never, ever thought before just a year ago that I could function so beautifully on just juice. I love expanding my beliefs!! I really feel that my previous 10 Day Juice Feast prepared me for this juicy journey. I really felt then that I was just gaining my stride with juicing on Day 10, but we had to break out of it due to work and travel. Now, I feel I am gaining my stride, and ready to keep on dancing!

Strong cravings to eat have been coming and going, and each time they pass I feel as though I have gone deeper into my true presence. I imagine I am very, very large, huge, like the universe, and that the craving is just a tiny, tiny speck in the vastness of it all. When we come face to face with the things that challenge us, we can use them to dive deeper into the wholeness that we are!! Then, they don’t seem such a challenge any longer.

Just made another crazy watermelon juice, this time with cherries and blueberries. Can I call it Watermelon Cherry Dream? Cause it seems like a dream to me.

See you tomorrow on Day 11!!

With peaceful steps,

David and Katrina Rainoshek

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks so much for the reassurance guys.
I'm going to increase my enemas I think... I did do them every day for the first week but have been a bit slack this week. Looking forward to doing the double dose!!
Enjoy your lovely sunny weather - we've had a beautiful hot day here too (Auckland NZ), with high humidity and the occasional downpour. I saw Ben's photos - crazy eh!!!
Thanks again for taking the time to answer my querie,
Lisa

Hanlie said...

You two are so inspiring... You are changing lives around the world, mine included. I have now reached the magical day 40 (the biblical number for trial and testing) and am still going strong.

It's funny how one's taste preferences change during a juice feast. In the beginning I liked tomoto with my green juices, with either chili, cayenne pepper, sprink onion, or garlic. I made a juice like that yesterday and it was awful! I now prefer citrus based juices with greens. I haven't tried watermelon yet, but I will!

Thank you for the support, and for sharing your journey with us in such detail.

Penni said...

I enjoy reading your daily blog so much! I just wanted to chime in and say that I, too, have been having dreams about important people with whom I had relationship in the past. I was curious about this and you touched on it. It has been delightful to "visit" with these dear souls. I've even been back hanging out in the neighborhood where I grew up. It feels really nice.

Love to you both!
Penni

Linda Salas said...

You know what I made and loved? Grapefruit+Cherry It made my day yesterday!!