Sunday, May 11, 2008

Global Juice Feast Day 72!

Ma Rineke, Joe, Hezi, baby David, and Katrina
Ma Jean and David
We Love Moms!!

Juice Feast Day 72


The Daily Juice Journal:


We made 5 quarts of GVJ with cucumber, celery, dandelion greens, romaine, bok choy, green lettuce, cilantro, basil, carrot, apple, baby tumble weed, and garlic. We also made 2 quarts of orange and pineapple.

DAVID: Modified Juice Feast


As you know from the Day 71 video (see post below if you missed it!), David has moved into a modified Juice Feast at this point. I don’t know how long I will continue to record what he is eating, but I will for a bit so you can get the picture!


2 QUARTS GVJ, 1 QUART FRUIT.


TOTAL JUICE: 3 QUARTS JUICE

Also: 1 lb blueberries blended into orange juice, some soaked prunes, 2 mangoes, 1 papaya.


KATRINA:


3 QUARTS GVJ, 1 QUART FRUIT


TOTAL JUICE: 4 QUARTS JUICE

Added to juices: Vitamineral Green, maca, kelp, and bee pollen

Also taken: Vitalzym, Max Stress B, Internal Parasite Formula, and water.


Personal Journal:


HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!!


I had a beautiful dream last night, still so fresh in my mind when I woke up, where I was sitting around with a group of friends and we were all discussing our mothers. I was sharing with everyone how much I loved my mother, how wonderful she is, how she baked bread for us, and made us fresh soymilk (of course there is much more I could say about my mother, but this is what I was saying in the dream) Then I went on to say how I felt my mother and I are kindred spirits, and how although the mother/daughter connection is strong, I really feel as I grow older that the kindred spirit relationship with her is the strongest. I woke up feeling so light and happy, so full of love for this amazing woman who has given and taught me so much, for my kindred spirit mother.


After meditation, morning walking (and tumbleweed picking), and juice making, David and I spent some time on Skype and telephone letting our mothers know how much we love them. AND my mom is going to arrive TOMORROW, so we can personally give her a Mother’s Day hug, which is much better than Skype. I can’t wait!

I wanted to share with you some of my favorite words of wisdom on motherhood from Marianne Williamson’s A Woman’s Worth, which is now BTW one of my all time favorites. I have been buying every second hand copy I come across, so if you cross paths with me, watch out, you just might get one slipped in your back pocket!

Lovely bits from Marianne:


I have founded charitable organizations, run them, and raised hundreds of thousands of dollars to support them. I have lectured around the world to many thousands of people, and I have written a number-one bestselling book. Raising a child is harder.


It takes more energy, more focus, more sensitivity, and if done well, at least as much intelligence. And if we raised happy children, we wouldn’t need so many charities, lectures, and books on how to have a happier, more balanced life. The idea that a woman is somehow doing more with her life if she has a job out in the working world is insane….there is no job in the world that, when done well, requires more work and intelligence than raising our sons and daughters.
There is no single effort more radical in its potential for saving the world than a transformation of the way we raise our children. They must grow up to be adults with only a fraction of our neuroses, or the world is in serious trouble.

What could be more important for the future of our world than that we raise happy and well-adjusted, empowered and empowering children? They are the caretakers of tomorrow’s world. As the parental generation, every child is our child.

To ignore the state of our children is to ignore the state of the world.


I love the power that these words give to mothers! I truly think that a big part of the problems we are facing in the world today is that the role of motherhood is not given enough respect, and the sooner we all, mothers, fathers, women, and men alike respect and treat with dignity those who are raising the world’s children, the better they will respect themselves and be able to enjoy their dignified position: Motherhood.
So to all the mother’s out there, I hope you had a beautiful day, and here are some flowers for you from David and I!!!! Well, really they were the flowers that David brought to me as a congratulations on 3 days of water fasting, but we will share their beauty with you today!
I am loving being back on juice as much as I was loving water fasting. I really feel like I have a whole new relationship with Juice Feasting. I am taking a nice long time with my juices, being sure to chew them, and also not ODing on fruit juice like I was. Still feeling really serene, peaceful, and grounded. I just needed a Re-Set to my Re-Setting the re-set button!!

And, before I get even more ridiculously behind the times, I wanted to extend a very well deserved congratulations to….Philip! Congratulations on an epic 100 Day Juice Feast! We loved watching your progress, and your blog write-ups and videos were always inspirational and informative. You are going to bring light to so many lives in addition to the ones you have done so for already, and we say keep on rocking! Xoxoxoxoxo!! Lots of love from both of us☺


We will be in Tucson all day tomorrow getting the ma Rineke so I will talk with you on Tuesday!


We love you all, mommies, daddies, babies, and that covers everyone!!


Katrina and David

2 comments:

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

Great post! Love the pics. Congrats to David on moving to a modified JF and to you on your successful water fast!
XO
Pixy Lisa

Tuliza said...

Oh my Goddess! You two are so cute!