Friday, May 30, 2008

Global Juice Feast Days 88-91!

I Love New Beginnings!

Juice Feast Day 88-91

The Daily Juice Journal:

This morning I made 2 quarts of GVJ with cucumber, celery, spinach, romaine, kale, parsley, carrot, ginger and apple. I also made 2 quarts of orange and pineapple, and two quarts of …..GREEN SMOOTHIE!! Read on for details!

TOTAL JUICE: 4 QUARTS JUICE and 2 QUARTS green smoothie

Personal Journal:

Hello dear friends!

Wow, what a couple of days we have had!

On Day 88 we went into Tucson for chores and to meet with an attorney about my Green Card. After much debate, brainstorming, and checking in with gut feelings, we have decided (with the council of someone with 30 years experience in these things) that the best thing for us to do at this point is to move to Canada for a while.

Because of the time frame (I have to be out of this country very, very soon), we decided as well that it was time for me to break out of my Juice Feast! So the evening of Day 88 found me enjoying an amazing, yummy, green smoothie!

Early on Day 89 we started to pack up our darling little house, and today, Day 91, finds me sitting in an empty house, with just the bed and the computers left, and almost all the cleaning is done too! Tomorrow morning, Day 92, we will be pulling away from Patagonia with our truck loaded down with all of our books, headed North to B.C.!

It has really been a roller coaster these past few days, and a bit of a shock as we had planned on living here for at least a year longer. I wish I had more time to write, but we still have quite a bit to tie up before we leave tomorrow, so I will keep this quick….

GREEN SMOOTHIES??? Where are the prunes? After a long time coming, www.JuiceFeasting.com will soon be updating the Juice Feast Breaking protocol to green smoothies rather than prunes. Prunes have been used due to their BM prompting activities, and while they work wonderfully for this, often they work too well! This has left quite a few of our students with uncomfortable prune experiences, including bloating and gas, and poo-poria!!

So, keep your eyes open for the updated version of Feast Breaking! And for those of you about to break your Feasts tomorrow (!!!) here is a quick rundown:

Day 1 (Day 93): Drink all of your regular juices, and add in 1 quart of green smoothie. I made my first green smoothie with ½ quart orange/pineapple juice, ½ banana, ½ pound blueberries, 1 mango, and ½ pound spinach, and 8 soaked prunes. Blend really well, chew really well, soak in the bliss and gratitude of some solid food after an amazing Juice Feast! This is a celebration!!

Day 2: Drink all of your regular juices, and 1-2 quarts of green smoothie.

Day 3: Drink some juice, some smoothies, and add in some whole, fresh, juicy fruits and berries.

Day 4: Same as Day 3.

Day 5: Drink some juice, some smoothies, eat some fruit, and add in some non-fat salads.

Day 6: Same as day 5.

After Day 6 you can move into The Four Means To Get Your Greens! Enjoy!

Be sure to read the Feast Breaking Protocol, and simply replace prunes with Green Smoothies!

Because we have been madly packing, tying up all loose ends, preparing to move countries, all with very little time to do so, I did not get a chance to do a Feast Breaking video BUT we are still planning on creating one to be uploaded sometime after we arrive and get settled in Canada. So I apologize to those of you Juice Feasting with us on the Global Juice Feast that we will not be so involved with Feast Breaking as we would like to be. We are there with you in spirit! And we are so grateful to all of you who have joined us in juice, and so proud of all of us!

I can report that I feel AMAZING and WONDERFUL to be eating again! It took me about a day to accept the fact that going 92 Days would not be such a good idea for me, as it would have meant Feast Breaking on the road with a truck FULL of stuff. I wanted my stomach to be ready to eat normally again before heading off with our home packed in a tow-trailer, rather than trying to make juice while rushing up to get me across the border. But, once I started to eat again I felt so heavenly that the number of days really didn’t matter any more. I have had a truly transformative, exciting, joyful and powerful Juice Feast, and for that I am deeply grateful.

I am still fully enjoying making juice and drinking juice, and I look forward to having a very juicy diet from here on out! Today so far I have had 1 quart of GVJ, 1 quart of orange/pineapple, and a green smoothie with OJ, strawberries, mango, celery, and spinach. I am going to have a salad for lunch, and still have 2 quarts of juice for the rest of the day. I know it is not my salad day yet, but I have to get this stomach ready!

We are looking forward to hearing how everyone is doing post-Juice Feast once we arrive in B.C. and wish you all the best of smoothies and joyful moments! We will be leaving early tomorrow morning, and will check in again from Canada!

All of our love and blessings,

Katrina and David

10 comments:

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

Congratulations on a successful JF and many blessings on your move into your new place!
XO
Pixy Lisa

Penni said...

I just knew something was going on with you all. I am sending prayers for safe travel mercies... may everything go smoothly and peacefully. I am so happy that I logged on because I have been feeling such a resistance to the idea of prunes and I can't wait for my first green smoothie. I am high fiving you both and myself right now!!

God Bless you and I look forward to hearing from you once you're settled back in BC.

All my Love....
Penni

Unknown said...

i see that you added half a banana to your smoothie... but i thought bananas werent even to be included for the fruit days as they werent juicy enough? are they okay blended then?

blessings on your trip :)
are you coming back to victoria, then?

thanks for everything!
love robyn

Bronwyn said...

Hey you two...so glad to hear that you're headed up this way! I wish you two happy border crossing luck -- and many, many thanks for all the phenomenal guidance and inspiration! Can't wait to see you!

Tons of love,

bronwyn

Melissa said...

Way to go on completing your juice feast. What an accomplishment! I do hope you celebrate this amazing feat when you settle in Canada.

I am sorry you have to leave your home, but I also hope you enjoy your time here in Canada.

I will be starting a juice feast here in the next month or so and am so grateful to have this site and www.juicefeasting.com to gain inspiration and knowledge. I benefitted tremendously from globaljuicefeasting.com and feel much more equipped to do a proper juice feast this time around.

All the best to you both!

Melissa

MiandO said...

CONGRATS and big big hugs to you both. I am certain that being so juicy has also made you so flexible and able to just go with the flow of life. Many well wishes on your journey. I am sure Canada will welcome you with open hearts and arms. Enjoying chewing!
xxkyle

Kristen's Raw said...

Congratulations, best of luck with travels and your journey.

Keep up your amazing work :)

Cheers,
Kristen

Unknown said...

We LOVE YOU DAVID AND KATRINA AND WE WISH YOU SAFE TRAVELS AND BLESSINGS ON YOUR JOURNEY--
you have been such a gift to me and i look forward to hearing more about your life, travels, and learning. xoxo

Tuliza said...

I wish you well on yet another new journey. I am so grateful to the both of you for your time and dedication to the juice feast. Blessings to you.

Chef Franky G said...

Safe travels!!
Continue to inspire..
You are love!
Blessings
Franky