Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Global Juice Feast Day 46!

I Love Pineapple!
Juice Feast Day 46


The Daily Juice Journal:

This morning we made 5 quarts of GVJ with cucumber, celery, LOTS of cilantro, kale, spinach, romaine, parsley, and carrots. We also made four quarts of orange and pineapple.

DAVID:

2 QUARTS GVJ, 2 QUARTS FRUIT.

TOTAL JUICE: 4 QUARTS JUICE

KATRINA:

3 QUARTS GVJ, 2 QUARTS FRUIT

TOTAL JUICE: 5 QUARTS JUICE

Added to juices: Pure Synergy, bee pollen, spirulina, kelp, chlorella, and maca

Also taken: Vitalzym, NCD, Break Stone Tea, coconut oil, and water.

Your Questions:

Hello David, Katrina -

I know you have little time to spare, so I'll make this short and sweet! First and foremost, thank you for changing/saving my life! You are both amazing.

My questions:
1) I hope you don't get offended by this but I have never seen this addressed in any of the plethora of raw food books I have read or anywhere on the juice feasting site: Should I be swallowing my boyfriend's semen on a Juice Feast? I'm thinking a definite no-no while Juice Feasting but what about during a normal raw food lifestyle? Sorry to ask such a ridiculous question but I have been pondering that for a couple of years (maybe I'm just looking for a reason not to :) ).
2) Where do you get your "bookshelves"? I keep outgrowing mine and now have so many mismatched ones. Need something that holds up, inexpensive but uniform. Yours are perfect.
3) Katrina - what type of aloe do you use?
4) I''m suffering from eczema and everything I read says I should be taking Evening Primrose Oil because of the Gamma Linoleic Acid. Do I get the GLAs from my morning dose of Hemp Seed Oil or should I start incorporating this into my juice feast as well?

Thank you both so much. I (and my boyfriend) will be anxiously awaiting your answers!
~anonymous

We Say:

Wow, these are fun questions!

1. We believe that this is totally up to you. You will not be harming yourself in anyway, or arresting the cleansing by doing this on a Juice Feast. In fact, semen is highly nutritious (that is if you partner is healthy)! Get this little tid-bit:

A recent study of college students at the State University of New York in Albany suggests that semen acts as an antidepressant.
“These data are consistent with the possibility that semen may antagonize depressive symptoms,” the authors wrote, “and evidence which shows that the vagina absorbs a number of components of semen that can be detected in the bloodstream within a few hours of administration.”

I kid you not, ladies. Semen is good stuff. It gives a shot of zinc, calcium, potassium, fructose, proteins -- a veritable cornucopia of vitality!

Again, it is totally up to you! I would also take into consideration that sperm carry A LOT of genetic information from your partner. Consider that when you swallow the stuff, you are swallowing something from his body that was designed to pro-create and carries a big punch in terms of life force: his.

2. I am hesitant to say, but yes, we got those beauties from EeeeeRP (Target) SHHHHHH!! Don’t tell anyone. Don’t worry, we will make up for it. Also, yes, they are pretty neat and they can grow exponentially with your library.

3. I use Lilly of The Valley 99% Aloe, but I hope to one day soon have a nice large healthy collection of live aloe plants.

4. You can continue taking Primrose Oil if you like, but hemp oil also has significant levels of GLA. Here is what I found on the topic:

Hemp oil has long been recognised as one of the most versatile and beneficial substances known to man. Derived from hemp seeds (a member of the achene family of fruits) it has been regarded as a superfood due to its high essential fatty acid content and the unique ratio of omega3 to omega6 and gamma linolenic acid (GLA) - 2:5:1.

It is this ratio that is believed to be optimal in terms of improving skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis and acne.

It has been reported that those using hemp oil as a supplement begin to experience noticably softer skin, stronger nails and thicker, smoother hair after only a few weeks.

The oil is approximately 57% linoleic (LA) and 19% linolenic (LNA) acids, the EFAs known as omega6 and omega3 respectively. EFAs are the building blocks of the fatty acids known as eicosapentaenoic (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) which are of course associated with the health benefits as noted above, alongside their benefits to almost every cell in the body and are widely accepted as beneficial in warding off and treating degenerative diseases such as cardiovascular disease and cancer.

Hemp oil is also the only food oil that contains not only omega3, omega6, but also GLA. This GLA content means that hemp is a rival to Evening Primrose Oil as well as flazx seed oil, as GLA is the main EFA that is believed to relieve symptoms of pre-menstrual tension (PMT).

Thanks for writing, and many blessings to you! (and your boyfriend!)

Another Question:

Good day,
I was hoping to possibly get your advice.
Day 38 today and I am having problems retaining fluids/juices.
I did a coffee (organic) enema Saturday morning, which I’ve done before, and every green/fruit juice/drink seems to be passing straight through my system quite uncomfortably within moments to hours after consumption.
I'm not sure what's wrong with me or what I should do? Any suggestions about what went wrong or what I can do begin to retain fluids would be greatly appreciated. I’d like to understand what’s going on and I don’t even know where to begin.
Thanks,
Jen

We Say:

Jen,

Here is what we know about diarrhea: It is a cleansing reaction where by your bowel is trying to move stuff it doesn’t want out as quickly as possible. When toxicity builds to a certain degree, acids, from bacteria and/or parasites, attack the bowel, and the bowel glands flush the bowel with mucus and liquids, thereby creating diarrhea. Because coffee enemas cause the liver to dump out toxicity through the bile, it may be that your loose stool is a reaction to the extra toxicity in your colon. It should pass.

Dr. Richard Anderson says about diarrhea:
“Further cleansing reaction, such as nausea, vomiting and diarrhea, occur when extreme toxins are still in the stomach and intestines.”

Celebrate the fact that you are taking care of these toxins! By drinking lots of water, and raw juices rich in electrolytes you will be doing the best thing possible to recover from diarrhea. Do be sure to drink LOTS of water! Another thing you can try is a bentonite and psyllium shake, which will help to bulk up your stool as well as pulling toxins from the intestine and colon. You will also want to take extra green juice and carrot juice to provide extra electrolyte minerals. You may also want to add in some probiotics to re-build a healthy intestinal flora, which will help to strengthen your digestive system.

Perhaps this is also a good time to go over in detail the coffee enema! Ready dear readers?

THE COFFEE ENEMA (as told by Dr. Richard Anderson of Cleanse and Purify Thyself)

Preparing the Coffee Enema:

Use three tablespoons of ground coffee (organically grown coffee is essential) to one quart of water (filtered). Boil for three minutes and then simmer for 20 minutes. Strain and cool to body temperature. Prepare only the amount to be used that day: do not store overnight.

Important! Lie down on your right side, with both legs drawn close to the abdomen. Deep breathing is recommended to draw the greatest amount of fluid into the necessary parts of the colon. It also helps to let all the air out of the lungs and suck the abdomen in and out while in this position.

The fluid should be retained for 15 minutes. It helps to have a clock in clear view. It may also help to have something to read while the water is flowing and being retained. All caffeine is absorbed from the fluid in 10 to 12 minutes. The caffeine goes straight through the hemorrhoidal veins directly into the portal veins and then into the liver, causing the desired effect.

About the coffee enema:

For reducing pain of the worst kind or for eliminating extreme toxic side effects produced by drugs or other toxins affecting the liver, there is nothing more effective than a coffee enema. The liver must handle most of the poisons and other toxins that have found their way into the liver, and a coffee enema is the fastest known method of reducing liver toxicity.

Coffee enemas help remove toxins from the liver quickly and safely. They often provide quick relief when fatigued, sleepy, or headachy, or for just plain malaise. They help reduce or eliminate spasms, precordial (heart, throat, chest) pain, and difficulties resulting from the sudden withdrawal of all intoxicating substances. They also help eliminate headaches caused by coffee withdrawal. Chronic and degenerative dis-eases are usually associated with a faltering liver, a condition that is often associated with liver toxicity: and coffee enemas have been effective in purging the liver of toxins that diminish liver function.

A coffee enema, when used properly, causes the liver to produce more bile and open the bile ducts. This causes the bile to quickly flow out of the liver. During this process, a toxic liver can dump many of its toxicants into the bile, thus getting rid of them in just a few minutes. This can give great relief to all parts of the body, especially the liver. It can easily make the difference between someone feeling so poorly that he or she has to lie down, or feeling well enough to keep active: and in some cases it can make the difference between life and death.

It is important to empty the colon with enemas or colonics before doing a coffee enema for two reasons 1) An empty colon allows the coffee to remain in the colon for the allotted time, and 2) colonics and enemas eliminate colon toxicity that could “hitchhike” with the coffee and enter liver. Obviously, we never want this to occur. Therefore, it is important to always flush out the colon before using the coffee enema.

In serious cases of cancer, especially when pain is being experienced, it may be necessary to perform a coffee enema every six hours, night and day- in the most serious cases, every hour. A coffee enema may be helpful once a day for about 7 days during cleansing. Otherwise it should be used only when one is feeling bad- having headaches, etc. Remember, each person needs to choose what is best for his or her body!

End of Coffee Enema Essay! I have yet to do a coffee enema, mostly because I have not yet made making coffee a priority. I feel good about the whole idea at this point, I just have to make it happen.

Personal Journal:


HOORAY!!!!!

Day 46! An amazing, miraculous, special, wonderful, magical day. Congratulations to all of you who have come along with us on this juicy journey to Day 46, the half way point to our 92 Day Feast Breaking day!!

A few other special things are transpiring today as well….

~David woke up with a very strong metallic taste in his mouth, and I could even smell metal on him. We feel that his exhaustion of the past few days, and lack of desire for juice, were due to some deep, heavy metal detox! Amazing! A sign of heavy metal poisoning is exhaustion, and he was really feeling it yesterday. It has been another lesson to me in trusting this whole process, and I have to admit yesterday I was questioning the wisdom of David continuing to Feast. He felt very strongly though that he needed to wait it out, and now he feels fine and strong again! Hooray!! So we have added in NCD again, and we also loaded up on cilantro in our juices this morning, and he has been using chlorella today too. All chelators of heavy metal, get those out of his body!! It is amazing to me how deep this cleansing can go.


~BEN!! Has eaten the PRUNES!! Ben has had a very entertaining and informative 92 Day Juice Feast, and we have thoroughly been enjoying having his company in Juice land. I have a soft spot for Ben because he lives in the town where I was born, and he Juice Feasted in the WINTER, and just because he is wonderful!! Eastern Canadian winters are no joke! He is a superb example of what is possible with Juice Feasting, working long hours at two jobs, getting up at 5 to make his juice, picking up produce in miles of snow and blizzards, and maintaining a great sense of humor and providing an amazing inspiration to many through his blog. Congratulations Ben! Stop by and give him a big hug.

~Today was the last day of my 20’s. It has been an impressive decade of learning, growing, loving and blossoming. YET I am so excited to enter my 30’s and I can see the future stretching out in front of me with a beautiful golden glow! I can tell that many wonders and delights await me in the next decade…I feel so much more grounded now than ever in my 20’s and it is time to really bite into life!! MMMMMmmmmmmm! Yummy! I feel that it is very significant to be turning 30 in the middle of a 92 Day Juice Feast.

I think the thing I am most excited about the coming decade is becoming a mom. I have wanted kids ever since I can remember, and I am slightly impressed with myself that I waited until I found the man I know is right for the job. I could have quite easily (almost) gone out and become a mom at 18 with whoever, that is how much I wanted children. But no, I knew I was waiting for a wonderful reason! My baby’s father! I knew it when I met David that he was the father, well worth waiting for.

So, tomorrow for my birthday we are going to get up early, make our juice, pack a cooler and drive to Mt. Lemmon to spend the day hiking. Right now the plan is to take the tent and sleep on the mountain, but I think we will play that by ear. I will try to take some pictures to share and will let you know all about it on the 17th!!

That is it for tonight dear friends, I hope you found the coffee enema essay as riveting as I do, and enjoy your juice!!

With love and peaceful steps,

Katrina and David

6 comments:

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

Katrina,
Happy birthday eve! Thanks so much for the coffee enema explanation. I still haven't gotten around to doing one, but I really want to try it. I will make it happen this weekend.
Have a great trip, and don't forget to have a sweet birthday juice!
XO
Pixy Lisa

Hanlie said...

What an informative post! Thank you!

And Katrina, Happy 30th Birthday! Enjoy your outing and many blessings for a new, exciting decade in your life!

Penni said...

This has been a VERY informative blog. I think the first question is one of those that no one wants to ask, but we needed to hear the answer. My husband will want to thank you too ;-)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATRINA!!

May your day be as special as you are to all of us!
So Much Love!
Penni

Michelle said...

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Katrina, happy birthday to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you have a wonderful day!!!!!

PS I chose not to share the answer to question #1 with my hubby. What he doesn't know won't hurt him :o)

Bad mamajama said...

Happy belated birthday Katrina!
Hope you had an amazing 30th birthday you so deserved :)

I love all of your video and blog - they are so informative and each of them are packed with amazing information!

Thank you!

Peace,
Kiko

Ben Kaelan said...

Happy Birthday Eve!!! :)

Thanks for the kudos! :) I appreciate it a lot. Juice feasting through the winter was hard but I'm thrilled now that as I start eating solid again, farmers markets are springing up and I can have amazing fresh salads.. mmm!!! :)

Lots of love :) hugs!!!

- Ben