Sunday, April 27, 2008

Global Juice Feast Day 57!

I Love Arugula!

Juice Feast Day 57

The Daily Juice Journal:

This morning we made 5 quarts of GVJ with cucumber, celery, spinach, kale, arugula, chard, romaine, lemon, carrots, and apple. We also made two quarts of orange, and one two quarts of grapefruit garlic, and two quarts of watermelon, cherry, blueberry, apple and lemon YUM YUM!!

DAVID:

2 QUARTS GVJ, 3 QUARTS FRUIT.

TOTAL JUICE: 5 QUARTS JUICE

KATRINA:

3 QUARTS GVJ, 3 QUARTS FRUIT

TOTAL JUICE: 6 QUARTS JUICE

Added to juices: Vitamineral Green, kelp, flax/DHA oil, bee pollen and maca.

Also taken: Vitalzym, NCD, astragalus root tea, antioxidant extreme, Max Stress B, and water.

Personal Journal:

We have been getting some beautiful, local produce lately, including arugula!! I love arugula, and always have a nice big bed of it when gardening is part of my life. Fresh arugula salads....mmmmmmm! I am enjoying it in my juices just as much.


I did it again! I actually did not give full disclosure about yesterday’s coffee enema…I COULD NOT hold it all in, and had to let most of it out right away, and then lay there for 15 minutes with some of it. Today, I was able to hold it (after considerable deep breathing through the wave of peristalsis) for the full 15 minutes, and then released what looked like a lot of bile (pardon the graphic nature of this, but it was very orange from the brown and yellow) Hooray!! I feel totally FANTAAAASTIC!!!! There was obviously nothing to fear about coffee enemas, in fact quite to opposite. Your body does not absorb caffeine from the enema the way it does when you drink a cup of joe, so my concern was unfounded, thank goodness or I would not have been able to sleep all night.

David and I sat down to a juicy dinner tonight, just like sitting down for eating a meal, and it was so lovely. We shared stories of what it was like to start eating raw foods, the first raw meals we ate, how much we have learned, and what the whole process was like. We had a good laugh about it all. David’s first consciously raw meal was a plate of cut up carrots, yellow squash, and zucchini, for breakfast!!
I asked “you didn’t have fruit for breakfast?” and he said no, fruit made his stomach hurt too much. He was excited about this breakfast, because it was the first time in three years that he had been able to sit down to eat before noon because his stomach hurt so much all the time from acid reflux. He spent about a week having this breakfast, and salad for lunch and then a cooked dinner. After that week he already felt so much better, he decided to start having a raw dinner too, and started having salad for dinner.

We also got to talk to family and friends up in Victoria on the night of the Victoria Juice Luck. I first of all called via land line, and chatted with my nine year old sister Finn for a while, when all of sudden I was abruptly hung up on. Later they called on Skype, and the story was that she had been stung by a bee, and so hung up on me. She said “we put baking soda on it but it still hurts!” I said “try GARLIC” So my dad chopped some up, Finn spit on it for the enzymes, and they put it on the sting. In less than a minute Finn said “it doesn’t hurt anymore!” just like the book claims, it is fast working stuff. Wonderful. I got to put some book knowledge to the test, and I now know that garlic works for bee stings. Hopefully I won’t have to try it for snake bites, speaking of which I did run into the biggest snake I have ever seen this morning on my walk. A huge, pink rattlesnake, it must have been six feet long and at least two inches around. Luckily it rushed away from me and up a tree. No need for chewed up garlic.

Hope you all have a beautiful Saturday!

With love,

Katrina and David

1 comment:

Penni said...

I am so glad to know the garlic tidbit! I really like knowing natural remedies. I have never seen a pink rattlesnake...I think it would have freaked me out! And after reading your enema tale, it reminds me that I'm due for one in the morning.

LOVE!!
Penni