Monday, April 7, 2008

Global Juice Feast Day 38!


I Love Greens!

Juice Feast Day 38

The Daily Juice Journal:

Today was a weird juice making day because it was pick up bulk produce day and we used most of our produce up yesterday. So, this morning we made two quarts GVJ with mostly carrot and cucumber, and romaine, red leaf lettuce, and green leaf lettuce. We also made three quarts grapefruit garlic juice, two quarts watermelon lemon juice, and one quart tomato, cucumber, and lettuce juice. Once we came home with produce we made two quarts orange, pineapple, apple, and raspberry juice, and two quarts parsley, spinach, apple, ginger, and lemon juice.

DAVID:

2 QUARTS GVJ, 3.5 QUARTS FRUIT.

TOTAL JUICE: 5.5 QUARTS

KATRINA:

2 QUARTS GVJ, 3.5 QUARTS FRUIT, 1 QUART TOMATO JUICE.

TOTAL JUICE: 6.5 QUARTS JUICE

Added to juices: bee pollen and Vitamineral Green

Also taken: Vitalzym, Break Stone Tea, and water.

Personal Journal.

We ran out of MSM yesterday!! It will be ok though because we have 10 POUNDS coming in the mail!! That should last us a while, no sulfur deficiencies in this house!!

I was superbly out of sorts today, with a fit of the most intense anger I can remember having in a long time. I felt like it was going to burn through my chest!! It made my skin prickle, my body sweat, and my back ache! I have been watching myself since beginning the Break Stone tea though, and have noticed many different memories flooding through as I go into deeper liver cleansing, and I am celebrating that. I had a very sad memory flood across my emotional vision yesterday that made me feel I was back in my 8 year old body!! It was crazy how vivid the moment was! Similarly today, my anger made me feel like I had time warped to the past, as I remembered just how much anger I stuffed down over the years. I no longer experience anger like that, and today’s had nothing to do with the present moment, and I had forgotten just what it felt like physically to be that angry! What a nice thing to forget, and then to remember in the context of detox…….I was feeling so tough that I turned tearful eyes to Dr. Richard Anderson, of Cleanse and Purify Thyself, and found my holy emotional cleansing grail within:

“Unresolved emotions have a profound effect upon us. They influence every system and metabolic activity in our bodies- the mind, heart, immunity, glands, muscles, etc.

You can prove for yourself this theory that emotions are related to the cause of dis-ease. While cleansing, observe carefully the old memories, thoughts, feelings, desires, tastes, and smells as they arise from the depths of your subconscious. Memories and pictures may come back with vivid clarity even though you thought that you had totally forgotten them. (Do they ever!) If you begin feeling unexpected fears, angers, resentment, etc., you will be experiencing some of your causes of dis-ease. Whether it’s a dis-ease that exists now or one that will be in the future matters not, it needs to be transformed (yes, I agree!)

When old experiences arise while cleansing, trace them to the source. Many of them may be the actual feelings that have been the primal cause of a specific dis-ease that has concerned you. Should this happen, rejoice! (Oh, I am rejoicing!)

And visualize yourself in perfect health and happiness, and most important, see yourself as a loving and forgiving person. During these times you may find it difficult to maintain a positive balance, but if your intent is strong enough, it will carry you through. Fortunately, while cleansing, these emotions and memories are temporary.

Imagine my joy when a colleague told me about a book that supported, from the highest levels of science, what I had been teaching for the past 12 years! I purchased the book, entitled Molecules of Emotions, by Candice Pert, Ph.D.

In her book she explains that emotions link mind and body and that emotions run every system in our bodies. She clearly expresses that repressed emotions are stored in the body at the cellular level and that “virtually all illness, if not psychosomatic in foundation, has a definite psychosomatic component.” She explains how the “molecules of emotion run every system in our body.” She points out that the body and mind are not separate, and we cannot treat one with out the other, and that the body can and must be healed through the mind, and that the mind can and must be healed by the body.”

So, after reading this, breathing deeply for a time, speaking with David, crying, and laughing, and drinking some crazy orange, pineapple raspberry juice, I feel 100% different, and happy!!

Thank YOU Dr. Anderson!!

I just wanted to note that our nut mylk bags from The Raw Food World are still going strong. Not a single rip, tear, or squirt of pulp, fantastic! And they have been working steady for 38 Days! I have tried going the paint straining bag route in the past, but find that they rip SO quickly, and although they are much cheaper, you have to buy many more which also means more waste that goes to the landfill of broken bags. Every little bag adds up!! You can get one at a time, or more practically four at a time!

Remember that YOU are your greatest gift to yourself and the dear, beautiful planet!

Katrina and David

3 comments:

Tuliza said...

Hi Katrina and David,
I want to thank you for responding to my question regarding elimination and daily enemas. I also noticed that You have posted my blog on your juice feasting list. Thank you again. You two are awesome.

I went to my local health food store to get Chanca piedra today. The only one that was available was the extract(STONE BREAKER (Chanca Piedra) compound,by HERB PHARM) . Should I be concerned about the small amount of alcohol while juice feasting or do you think it would be better if I add a dropper full to warm water to evaporate the alcohol?

Tuliza said...

Liver cleansing can be very intense. I have done it before. You almost want to retreat and sleep in a hollow log...lol.

Penni said...

Powerful post today, Katrina. I think it's time I order Dr. Anderson's book. My library shelves are starting to look like yours : ) I hope you're emotions are steady now and it is encouraging to hear about the deep cleansing that is happening in your body and mind.

xo....Penni