Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Global Juice Feast Day 60!

I Love Coconut Water!
Juice Feast Day 60

The Daily Juice Journal:

This morning we made 6 quarts of GVJ with cucumber, celery, romaine, kale, dandelion greens, cilantro, red lettuce, parsley, lemon, carrots, and apple. We also made 4 quarts of orange and pineapple, and two quarts of grapefruit garlic.

DAVID:

2 QUARTS GVJ, 3 QUARTS FRUIT.

TOTAL JUICE: 5 QUARTS JUICE and water from two young coconuts.

KATRINA:

3 QUARTS GVJ, 3 QUARTS FRUIT

TOTAL JUICE: 6 QUARTS JUICE and water from two young coconuts.

Added to juices: Vitamineral Green, maca, kelp, hemp oil and bee pollen

Also taken: Vitalzym, NCD, and water.

Personal Journal:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Day 60 is grand, it is a day to celebrate and roll around in juicy bliss!! We had coconut water to celebrate, and felt tropical and romantic.

Oh if only I didn’t feel so ANXIOUS!! Yes, after a phone call with my sister on Sunday which found me happily describing my new emotional calm and stability, I woke up on Monday morning in such amazing joy, I felt like I would BURST, it was five in the morning and it felt like the day was already warm with sunlight, I bounded out of bed! Then, in the midst of meditation, I hit a wall. I don’t know how to describe it, it was like the lights were on, and then they weren’t. My throat felt choked, my heart felt squished, I felt a slow implosion on my whole being. Self contraction at its finest. The day continued to be filled with anxiety and irritability, and has continued today. Like birth, we move to a greater opening, expand, contract, expand, contract…..until we are open enough for true self to emerge.

I truly believe that this is part of the growing, healing, and expansion of heart and soul, and I have done some serious self inquiry to see that this really is a downward part of the upward spiral and not just some unhealthy dive into negativity.

Day 60 comes in with a bang! Over all, despite this feeling in my chest that I am going to break into a panic attack screaming fit at any minute, I am feeling very calm and grounded…a contradiction I know, but I am learning to dive down into the calm waters below the storm while the storm rages. Wonderful. I am noticing a very reliable pattern in that whenever I feel I have pushed the boundries of my happiness and joy, my retracted self gets freaked out and begins to scream, “don’t forget about me!” in a last dying breath. That scream becomes less and less frequent, and holds less and less sway over me. Wonderful again. It used to run a much larger part of the show, believe me! And how could I not feel excited about Day 60!!??

(The other part about all this is that it is making me feel very hungry!! I am aware that it is emotional hunger, but it is annoying none the less.)

I have been meaning to write about these three lovelies for quite some time now:

Michelle!! Is on to the world of solid food after a very beautiful, transformative and heartwarming 84 Day Juice Feast. This wonder woman has FIVE sons, and not only did she Juice Feast while doing some of the most important work a person can do (raising a family) but also found time to share her journey with love and eloquence with the rest of us through her blog. Michelle, I loved seeing your artwork, hearing about your boys, your thoughts, and seeing you blossom. Keep it coming lady, and may your path be bright!

Hanlie!! Broke out of her Feast about the same time as Michelle. I didn’t get to know her all that well, but her blog is always entertaining, and she is very generous with sharing her story. The children that are just waiting to join her are very excited to see her loving herself so well, and transforming her health in magical ways so that she can be THE BEST MOMMY EVER!!

Lisa AKA Pixywinks!! Has just completed her 75 Day Juice Feast!! You go girl, we can’t wait to see how much you continue to LOVE salads, which we know are oh so exciting! Keep on rocking the world with your pixy charm!

You have all set bright examples, and are as always shining lights! Thanks for sharing with us all.

We filmed a special Day 60 video for everyone, and are hoping to have it up and running sometime tomorrow or the next day so that you don’t keep seeing us two weeks ago in the videos.

That is all for today, enjoy the 2/3rds down, 1/3rd to go glow! It is now a time that you body will be moving out of such deep cleansing and more into rebuilding, so although the changes start to slow down a bit, stick with it! There is still much benefit going on in that miraculous body of yours!!

In light,

Katrina and David

5 comments:

MARYYX said...

Hi Katrina
I hope you are soon feeling better. I have walked through many days with that "panic attack about to hit" feeling in my chest. (not during juice feasting) Not fun.

I don't know if you've stopped by my blog lately - but I have had some days of faltering. I just started my 3rd juice feast. The first two were short.

I think I am understanding better how to handle all of this now. Time is such an issue. I don't know how the folks who are working full time manage.

My goal is to do a full on - 100% - juice feast until June 1st, when the rest of you are coming off the 92 day feast. At that point, I will re-evaluate, and possibly continue.

For sure - I want to be ready for March 1st next year - to participate in the 2nd annual global juice feast!

My husband is now considering juice feasting with me. He just had a squamous cell cancerous growth removed from his face. He has been drinking quite a bit of juice with me all along, and also enjoying green smoothies. He even makes his own now when I'm not around.

God bless you
Maryyx

Hanlie said...

Thank you so much for the kind words! I have really enjoyed this journey and will most certainly juice feast again in the future. You guys have been an incredible source of information and inspiration and I couldn't have done this without your wisdom and generosity. I juice feasted for 80 days and it has changed my life in so many ways!

Lisa (Pixywinks) said...

David and Katrina
Thanks so much for your loving support during my juice feast. I'm still discovering the many ways it has changed me on very deep levels. It's about so much more than dropping a few pounds. I will be doing another feast at some point in the future for sure.
Love, love, love,
Pixy Lisa

junglegirl said...

That 'emotional contraction' thing happened to me too, two months in and I was in the position to let it all out by screaming for what seemed like 10 minutes straight. (I was in a safe space - my mom's house - and alone.) I couldn't help myself really, and yes, it was scary. I thought I was having a nervous breakdown, but at the same time, knew to just let it happen. Afterwards, I sat there stunned. And then I had the most sprirtual experience I've ever had. It was so clear that by emptying the frustrated emotions ( that I didn't even know I had!), the space was immediately filled with love and light of a spectacular quality. Pretty amazing.

I can't wait to read Angela Stokes' book, Raw Emotions. This cleansing is powerful on all levels and the GREATEST evolutionary gift we can give ourselves. I love your beautiful site! Thank you!

http://www.thelivingkitchen.wordpress.com

Michelle said...

Hey Katrina, I have been MIA on the Internet lately and I didn't even know you posted this. Thank you so much for the shout out. You are so kind and by the way, sexy muscles girl! Whew! va va va voom. ;o)

Love you!
Michelle